Sunday, April 14, 2013

Progress is a good thing as Martha would say


Progress is a good thing. Our cabinets were delivered and drywall finishing continues. It is really starting to look like a room!

<!--[endif]-->

I know I have mentioned in the past that I am a remodel TV show junkie. While I am shopping at Lowes or Home Depot, I fantasize about what it would be like to be approached by the likes of Josh Temple, Alison Victoria or Ahmed Hassan of the “Crasher Series.” In reality I have to believe that once the people are crashed, all of the supplies are ordered and they come back and act like it is the next day.

Truth is most cabinets take at least three weeks, most flooring needs to be ordered, and those fancy countertops take at least two weeks after the measure, which cannot happen until the base cabinets are in place. Drywall needs to be installed, taped and mudded. Then there is the sanding, and just maybe more mudding and sanding. At least the “Crasher” shows include an insanely big crew, and some others barely show the crew.

 I have Jeff, with occasional help from Lloyd. He has done an incredible job. He is very methodical and will not cut corners, I appreciate that, and the bottom line is that it takes time. Every day I come home from work hoping for some major progress. I realized today that I have gotten that progress, but sometimes it just doesn’t show. All of the plumbing is moved and ready to go. The electrical lines are moved and in place for the new dishwasher, under cabinet lighting and did I mention my new GAS stove? And by the way, the gas line has been moved half way across the kitchen for my new GAS stove!

No comments:

Post a Comment